This Month in Cyber News
- Cyber-crime earnings slide as victims refuse to pay
- Microsoft presses customers to patch servers after a year of Exchange exploits
- Ransomware fears and regulatory requirements drive threat intelligence interest
- Russian hacker group ‘Sandworm’ hits Ukraine with new wiper malware
- Spear-phishing campaigns against UK targets of interest
- UK cyber experts warn of targeted phishing attacks from actors based in Russia and Iran
- Highlights from Armis State of Cyberwarfare and Trends Report: 2022-23
Training & Development
- CyberDefenders CTF – For those that only just started learning about CTFs and aren’t ready yet to build a team and join competitions, this online resource will prove beneficial. The website hosts old retired challenges that anybody can download for practise and training. CyberDefenders also host their own Discord server which you can join by following a link on their website.
- Certified CyberDefender: CCD Certification – [PAID] Cyber Defenders also provide a vendor-neutral, hands-on cyber defense training and certification. This course will jumpstart and empower those on their way to becoming the next generation of SOC analysts, blue teams, and security engineers. This course introduces students to real-world threats defenders experience in their networks and the tools used to defend against these threats. It provides the essential foundation of modern cyber defense operations.
- Attack-Defense Online Labs – A massive online resource. Attack defense hosts over 2000+ unique lab exercises on topics spanning from recon, exploitation, post-exploitation, data exfiltration, web applications, traffic analysis, CVEs, network components, infrastructure attacks, privilege escalation, forensics, and more. New labs are added weekly!
- Cyber Choices 2023 Challenge – Test your knowledge of the Computer Misuse Act 1990, show off your gaming skills, and make the right Cyber Choices to win! This challenge is free and open to anybody wishing to register. You have time until midnight on Sunday 26 February 2023 to complete the challenge.
– Patryk Wozniak
- During interviews, do not shy away from asking the interviewer questions and showing interest in the company/role you are applying for
- Prep for standard/typical interview questions with a family member or a friend. If you can’t, try asking your job coach for support
- Study the job description and identify the required skills. Update your CV to reflect that information
- Bring a notebook and a pen. There is nothing stopping you from taking notes during (or bringing your own notes with you) to the interview
- Prepare smart questions for your interview. (i.e. What challenges did my predecessor face? What does success mean in this role? What is the future of this role?)
- Tie your answers to specific skills, experiences, and knowledge you possess. Give examples to evidence these
- Your CV needs to do you justice and be an effective marketing tool so make sure it conveys your personality successfully, with a spark of originality
- Prepare the outfit for your interview the night before
- NHS Job – This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the Desktop Support Team providing high quality and professional 1st, 2nd and 3rd line desktop support service to all computer users within the Worcester NHS Trust.
- Capita PLC – Entrust Education has over 150 staff providing services to over 1,000 schools across the country, including all aspects of technical services, professional services, and software development. Capita is looking to strengthen their team and recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer who is interested in building their career within the Education Sector.
- Adi Group – Adi group are now looking for an IT Technician to join their busy team at Head Office in Kings Norton! As a multi-disciplined engineering firm, adi Group has a number of expert divisions, spanning across a variety of markets and sectors.
- Babcock – At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a IT Systems Support Technician at our Ashchurch site in Gloucestershire. Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers’ needs.