This Month in Cyber News
- IOActive opens up a new cyber lab in Cheltenham
- Colchester City Council investigating Capita over a data breach
- Barracuda ESG zero-day exploit hits Australia’s ACT Government
- Ransomware gang Clop prepped zero-day MOVEit attacks in 2021
- MOVEit victims emerge: British Airways, BBC and Nova Scotia
Training & Development
- Ethical Hacking 101 Workshop – In this virtual workshop, you will get an introduction to ethical hacking and learn how you can proactively identify security weaknesses in your systems before they can be exploited. After the workshop, you’ll have the skills you need to find and fix security vulnerabilities and go through the process of responsible disclosure.
- Microsoft Learn – Azure – Microsoft’s training platform contain essential career pathways in the cloud industry. You can tackle each pathway and module at your own pace, as some delve deeply into the subject matter.
- Microsoft Learn – Microsoft365 – Microsoft’s training platform contain essential career pathways in the cloud industry. You can tackle each pathway and module at your own pace, as some delve deeply into the subject matter.
- 2nd Line Support Engineer, Ross-on-Wye – We are seeking a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer to join our friendly IT Team at our Support Centre Alton Court, based in Ross-on-Wye. As a member of our dynamic IT team, you’ll work closely with external vendors and internal colleagues to resolve IT related issues and service requests.
- IT Service Desk Engineer, Cheltenham + WFH – We have an exciting opportunity to join National Star’s customer-focussed IT Services Team. We wish to recruit an enthusiastic Service Desk Engineer to play a key role, contributing towards the frontline support of our IT Services. At National Star we are continuing to expand our existing core IT as well as implementing new technology and innovations both on site and public cloud.
- IT Helpdesk Support Apprentice, Bromsgrove – The department manage the IT infrastructure for both the primary and secondary Education sector as well as several small businesses in the West Midlands. They are looking for IT Helpdesk Support Apprentice to join the team to support their customer base in their Birmingham Office. The opportunity to be involved in end-to-end delivery of IT installs from inception to on-going Managed Services will be a key feature of this role.
- IT Networking Apprentice, Bromsgrove – The role is a perfect for someone who is looking to embark on a career specialising in IT and Networking. You will gain valuable experience in all aspects of Networking as well as experience and exposure to the wider IT solutions and services. As an IT Networking Engineer Apprentice, you will be responsible for investigations into Networking and Connectivity incidents, with hands on support administering routers, WI-FI Access Points, Switches and Firewalls, alongside other products and services.
– Patryk Wozniak
- During interviews, do not shy away from asking the interviewer questions and showing interest in the company/role you are applying for
- Prep for standard/typical interview questions with a family member or a friend. If you can’t, try asking your job coach for support
- Study the job description and identify the required skills. Update your CV to reflect that information
- Bring a notebook and a pen. There is nothing stopping you from taking notes during (or bringing your own notes with you) to the interview
- Prepare smart questions for your interview. (i.e. What challenges did my predecessor face? What does success mean in this role? What is the future of this role?)
- Tie your answers to specific skills, experiences, and knowledge you possess. Give examples to evidence these
- Your CV needs to do you justice and be an effective marketing tool so make sure it conveys your personality successfully, with a spark of originality
- Prepare the outfit for your interview the night before
For more information, news and job opportunities, please see our previous newsletters